Friday, June 13, 2008

To Honor the Moments

I think about blogging almost everyday, and by 8pm after dinner is done and children are in bed, I give in to my tired muscles, and tired brain, and I go to bed. (Seriously, last night I was in bed by 10. The night before that, 8:45.)
We have so much fun together- children have SO much energy, it's hard to keep up! :)
Last week we had an enrichment activity (in New Jersey, in case you are all wondering) put on by Charlotte Jessop who has been a professional life coach. We did some personal life activities, but the most impressionable thing she shared was when she was asking her husband questions of things he wants to do to have a more abundant life. He concluded that he wanted to take more pictures- to honor the moment- of their children, so have a more fulfilling life as a father.
Well, that was it for me too. Too often I put off taking pictures, thinking I'll have the same opportunities another day- which, obviously doesn't happen, or I delay writing in my journal until another day, but then I lose what was important to me the day before. I have given in to laziness, and have given up the many gifts of the wonderful moments that I experience. So, to honor the moments, here are some pictures of Grace and her cousins, Emma and Carter Whiteley. From North Carolina to New Jersey, here are the some wonderful moments to share with you!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

BrookieT said...

Yay! A new post! I hear with the energy level, babe. I got 2 of 'em under 2! And I work part-time! Anywho, this is not about me. Your girl is getting so big! I can't believe how close you guys are...so close to Maryland! If you ever want to see Baltimore...let me know!

Erin Ann said...

so true...cameras are one of the greatest inventions. I love you!

I've tagged you, so check out my blog for more info. Keep up with those great pics and posts...you're the best

Shiree said...

I know exactly what you mean about your brain and body turning off after kids are in bed. It is hard to convince myself to do something for myself because I am so beat by then! The pictures thing is true, too. I used to never take pictures, but blogging has helped me in the recording memories department. I am so glad that you're having fun in Jersey!

Erin Ann said...

hey cute girl! another note to answer your question. If you google, "made by lena" it should pop up a page with really cool backgrounds...the only stinker part is you loose all your widgets in the process (but you're probably WAY more computer savvy than me, so you probably wont, actually!) Check it out...it was hard to decide on one! Love you tons and tons. Gracie is such a doll!