Sunday, April 27, 2008

19 Months Old....

Honestly, tell me- where does the time go? Wasn't it just yesterday that we were just coming home from the hospital, or just watching her learn to crawl, or eat real people food? AMAZING!
We are in North Carolina for one more week, and then we're off to New Jersey! So much fun and opportunity lie ahead! But, there is no time like NOW to enjoy life. :) Whenever we pass a flower bush, or a patch of wildflowers, Grace wants to stop and pick them, or smell them (though she doesn't quite understand how to smell the flowers, but she gets the general idea- she puts them close to her face, then pulls back and lets out a big "AHHH" sigh like she has just smelled the most wonderful smell in the world. It's a classic lesson for all of us- stop and smell the flowers!
By the way... is she a future triathlete, or what?! :)Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.
Eddie Cantor (1892 - 1964)

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

She is too cute. Where does the time go?? I love your play list by the way.

Shiree said...

It DOES look like you are raising a triathlete. So, are you going to New Jersey for an internship? I am in the dark.

Tiff-E said...

Don't you just love girls! They are so fun to dress up for Easter and such... I can't believe it either, I swear we were just swapping maternity clothes...and here I am trying to find some again! :)

Alison and Bryan Packard said...

Love the pics, and you best believe she's a future triathlete!! If she's anything like her momma, she'll be reaching the stars before she turns 2! love you Ames!

Amanda said...

She's so big!

BrookieT said...

I can't believe how big she is now! Are you going to be moving to New Jersey? You'll be even closer!!