Monday, June 30, 2008

To Daddy With Love

Dear Daddy,
I am having such a good time with Budah (Deborah) and Nanul
(Daniel) and Nonny (Johnny) and Dadid (David), and Mamma and Papa of course, but they just don't compare to you. I have found some things here though that I enjoy, to dull the pains of missing you:
I didn't even want to eat dinner after we arrived at Grandma's house from the airport- I just wanted to play in the water! Well, I ate my dinner anyway, and then Budah and I played in the sprinkler. I ran through it all by myself! Of course my day was only complete with a ride on the swing. Isn't life wonderful?! :)
On Saturday I watched my first parade! And the candy- oh the candy! Don't worry, I won't eat it all. Mom is making me save some for you, even though you know she won't let you eat it all. She's sneaky like that. It was so hot Mom took me to the splash park/fountain at the Gateway. I had my doubts at times, but I LOVED playing in the water. I just don't understand why Mom wouldn't let me stay there all day! So, reluctantly I came home (okay, kicking and screaming really, but what's the diff?) But I was glad to take a nap, and later that night we went to the park- with slides AND stairs- and get this- we brought the dog! Oh, I love the dog (from a distance, of course!) :)
Well, I am going to bed now- Mom is tired and she needs a nap (what's new?). But I can't wait to see you! I go to bed missing your songs, and your kisses and your hugs. Just one, TWWWOOO, three more days until we go on an airplane ride to see you! Oh, and Mommy says hello and she loves you TWWWOOOO!
To my Daddy with Love,
Gracie


















1 comment:

Sam said...

Dear Gracie,
You look like you are having so much fun with all your friends!! There is so much to do there, I can see why you are so tired! Have you pet the dog at all? Or is it still too scary to get close? Did you run all the way across the splash park? Did mommy tell you that I have done that? That must be were you get your craziness from!!!
I am excited for you to come home too! I have a hard time sleeping cause you are not here to sing me songs at night either! And guess what? I get the day after you come home off! We can play all day!! WOOHOO!
Now, be extra nice to mommy. She is the best, so do everything she asks! I mean, she gave you CANDY!!
I love you! Tell your mommy that I love her too!

Daddy