Friday, July 4, 2008
God Bless America
Well, we are safely back in New Jersey. I am still kicking myself for my poor planning- I am so sorry that we didn't get to see so many of you- I hope you are all doing well and that you know of our love and gratitude for you all.
Sam, Thom and I had the lucky chance to go to a (free!) Red Sox game at Yankee Stadium. This is what we saw as we crossed into New York City over the George Washington Bridge.
This was a moving sight for me as we all paid our respect to our country and its flag. It was an amazing feeling to me to see and hear thousands of people singing The Star Spangled Banner, and God Bless America (During the 7th inning stretch)- I really felt the strength and pride of everything America represents- and I feel so very grateful for the freedom of choice and opportunity that I so often take for granted.
I am especially thankful to live in a country that was prepared and founded upon freedom from religious persecution- freedom to worship as we please, and prepared for the gospel of Jesus Christ to be restored.
I am so glad to be back with my best friend, and to enjoy a classic American pastime together. We are so very blessed, and I thank God this day for America and all we have here. Oh, and the Red Sox won 6-4. A great ending to a great day. Happy Independence Day to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Looks like you all had some serious fun!!! LOL!! That is great!
What the heck, I can't believe we were right there and didn't see each other and even went to a Yankees game! We should have planned that - glad you had fun!
Hey! So sorry we didn't get to see each other! Next time we will FOR SURE!!! I'm so jealous you guys got to go a game...and for FREE!!!
Hey Amy, I found your blog on facebook. Good to catch up with you and see what is going on in your life. Take care
Chalise
Brave man. Red Sox fan at Yankee Stadium. Very brave.
Post a Comment