Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How do I tell thee? Let me count the words...

I have wanted to do this for a long time, as I thought all of you would enjoy it; As many of you know, Grace LOVES to talk! She starts as soon as she wakes up in the mornings, til she goes to bed at night... and even then we have caught her talking in her sleep!
So, to give you a glimpse into just what she might be talking about, here is a list of words that she has words for- most of which are pretty understandable! It amazes me, everyday, how gifted our sweet little girl is (the sweet part of her only slightly diminishes when she screams!:)She says:
Bird, Blanket, Water, Hurt, Thank you, Moon, Juice, More, Dad, Mom, Grace, Bread, Cheese, Dog, Duck, Frog, Horse, Baby, Book, Walk, Stairs, Elevator (it's her favorite toy!), Outside, Hot, Tickle, Bree and Lilly (her two best friends), All done, Pea, Banana (comes out as "nana"), Piano, Grandma, Grandpa, Emma, Deborah (she calls her Buddy), Daniel, Slide, Poop, Knife, Fork, Spoon, No (it's more like NO NO NO!), and occasionally Yes...

She signs:
Milk, Please, Bear, Book, Bath, Potty, Cereal, Wait, Boy, Girl, Cold (she mostly says Oooh!), You're Welcome, Friend, Dirty, Play...

And the list is growing! Just recently she has started to really try and say every word we say. WHOAH! Never have we had to pay such close attention, not only to what we do, but especially to what we say! Sam and I went on a date over the weekend thanks to our friend Ashley. And now, Grace says her name when she sees her. It's amazing! I think not only have I underestimated her intelligence, I bore her to death at home! So, we have found many activities and friends to keep us busy. It's exhausting, yes, but it's much better than hearing the sad cries of a child who wants to do SO much, ALL of the time!
P.S. I have posted the recipe for the best wheat rolls ever! Enjoy!

2 comments:

TUG said...

Ummmm . . . . I have heard her say Thom a bunch of times!!!

Unknown said...

True. I'm so sorry I left out such an important word! :-)