Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What Goes Around, Comes Around

I am not posting this picture because of it's incomparable beauty (that was sarcastic in case you didn't know- so just laugh!), but because of the point I wanted to make. I am holding in my hand a new (to me) refurbished Vivitar SLR professional film camera. This was Sam's gift to me for Christmas. I have wanted to, for a long time, really learn the art of photography, and try my hand at portraits, landscapes, and whatever else catches my eye. Sam provided me with the opportunity to do this. His gift was more thoughtful and more unexpected than I could have imagined. I didn't even drop any hints or anything. So, it's not the gift, but really the thought that counts. I love him more today than ever. :)

We are home again in the beautiful and WARM state of North Carolina. It was 70 degrees today. Unreal! We are all also just getting over being sick. It is a relief that it happened over the Christmas break and not during the semester for Sam. And just when I thought it had passed over us and I remained the lucky one, it hit me. Life happens when you least expect it I guess! I am just thankful to have a husband who is ready to wait on me and my every need. 2008 is already full of blessings.

3 comments:

TUG said...

Glad to know that all that "airborne" helped you in the end!!!

Perry's said...

Lucky girl, I love photography I took a few classes in highschool and would love to get back into it. Can't wait to see all the fun pics you take I assume you will be posting them! :) Glad you are feeling better we too were sick and it does suck to be sick for the holidays but a blessing for those hard working hubbies of ours. Happy picture taking, have fun!

Erin Ann said...

Love the pic! YOu're still cute, even in your pj's. I'm excited to see how your pictures come out!! Love you lots!