Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

As a result of my New Year's Resolutions, I am going to blog more often. I know, I know- it's big talk... but it's 2008. Anything can happen. :)
So, Merry Christmas! I still have a stack of Christmas cards to send out, so if you haven't received one yet, you'll get one eventually. I guess it's better late than never. And if I don't have your address or didn't get a chance to send one your way, here is the photo, and the poem that we wrote to remember 2007. We love you all and hope that your CHRISTmas season has been wonderful! The Carters Christmas Poem

T’was
the year 2007 when
at Baity Hill, the fire alarms at 3am
let out a deep shrill! And so this year has been
full of surprises, just as this poem it simply summarizes:
Jan & February Sam traveled the globe to interview in many states pursuing his
academic robe
In March Spring Break was a welcome retreat;
going to Disneyworld was really neat! Everyday some-
thing new inside Mickey’s Park; Belle and Buzz Lightyear truly left their mark!
“Finding Nemo” the Musical was something to exclaim, and Epcot Center was anything
but lame! In April came a long-awaited celebration
when Amy’s diplomas finally came- and feelings of pure elation
Were shared by all again in May, when Sam graduated- Hip, hip hooray!
June was filled with
sorrow and joy, as to family and friends we said our
goodbye A month filled with somuch to see, first off to San Diego, then to UNC.
July and August we traveled the East, Coast that is and we 3 had a feast!Of Red Sox,
and “Wicked” And summer in full swing, then school started again, where Health care was king.
September was special, Grace turned the big ONE! So much cake and presents- she had so much fun!October we traveled to

Carolina Beach
, The Red Sox won the World Series-
They’re #1! ( a figure of speech),Grace n’ Amy went to Utah to see family
and friends while Sam had to stay home tending to school’s odds and ends; Halloween
came and Halloween went,
Grace was a doggie at a social event! November was filled with Thanks-
giving preparation; With bowling and Stephanie Grace had a fascination! December
brought finals
we’re so glad we’re through, and we want to share
this letter with you! To share all the joys of this Christmas season;
We know that Jesus Christ is truly the reason! Merry Christmas, Frohe Weinachten…
and that’s just
a starter; Happy New Year!
Love,

Sam, Amy, and Grace Carter

5 comments:

Perry's said...

Yea I am glad you have resolved to blog more I love looking at blogs!! I still have yet to see August Rush ever since I read your post I have wanted to see it. Way cute idea for a Christmas Card in the shape of a tree!! It was so good to see you guys even if it was briefly. Hope the rest of your trip and Christmas were great!

Stephanie said...

AMAZING. I love the poem! You guys are so creative and cool. I am seriously bummed that I didn't get to see you while you were in Utah, Ames. I got your phone message and the timing couldn't have been worse (but I could have called back-- so I am so sorry!) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. And I've got the same aspiration-- to try to blog more in hopes of keeping in touch with my far-away friends. ;-)

Stephanie said...

AMAZING. I love the poem! You guys are so creative and cool. I am seriously bummed that I didn't get to see you while you were in Utah, Ames. I got your phone message and the timing couldn't have been worse (but I could have called back-- so I am so sorry!) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. And I've got the same aspiration-- to try to blog more in hopes of keeping in touch with my far-away friends. ;-)

TUG said...

You are doing great with you Resolution!

Malsy (THE Moe of DMOE) said...

This was great! someday I will try it for our family!!