Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home again Home again, Jiggity Jig

My cute hubby posted his summary of our summer (very funny! So check it out!), so I thought I would do the same... kind of.
We are home in beautiful North Carolina. Yes, I LOVE New Jersey, and we had a great time there (Grace STILL asks when Grandma and Grandpa are coming home), but it is good to be home.
Since we've been here, our days have been filled with fun times! Like...ICE CREAM- of course! We went out for ice cream twice! Once with Grandma Susie and Grandpa Gary, and once out to the big farm to meet and visit with friends. So much fun! And...

campouts- in the comfort of our little apartment. :) With popcorn, and pillows, blankies and carrots and hummus (Grace's favorite!), and Elmo (that's Finding Nemo, in case your confused :)

And, Birthdays! Well, birthdays is another blog in and of itself because Grace's birthday hasn't come yet, and mine isn't far away- and we weren't in NC for Sam's, but I have to say a few things about Sam's birthday. He is 27 now- WOW! Old huh? :) Well, we were lucky enough to go to Boston and enjoy a great Red Sox game and see Ron and Rachel and Cadence before they made their way back West. It was a memorable weekend! Well for Sam's birthday I decided I would finally make the t-shirt quilt I have been promising him. We are what you call POOR, but this didn't cost much, just time and help by a wonderful mother in-law and talented quilter (thank you so much Susie!)- and it turned out great! Best of all, Sam is always so good at expressing his gratitude and love for the gift, and love for me- I have to say, there is NO comparison to the love I have for him! And rich or poor, I am learning more and more that my family and the gospel of Jesus Christ is worth more to me than all the riches and possessions in the world!

7 comments:

Tiff-E said...

How fun...Yeah, there is nothing like being home! I am finally getting used to our home, and now I am loving it! I love the indoor campouts, we need to do those! And tell Sam Happy B-day, like 19 days ago!!! Sorry Sam, don't know how I forgot my fellow Auguster... :)

BrookieT said...

I was just going to get out our puptent and do the same thing! How funny. So, does this mean you are back in the west cost for good? We could have put you up for a night in Maryland, had you passed through! Schade...

Muranda said...

Margy just saw this and think that Sam stole that pillow case from her house when he lived with them! Hope you are enjoying it!

Sam said...

Muranda...tell Margie that I am pretty sure that there are more than one of those pillow cases made! Just kidding...I am sure I took it. That is what I do!

Shiree said...

Looks like fun, and an awesome quilt!!

Perry's said...

Wow Amy that blanket looks awesome. I definitely will have to try that out, if it's not too hard that is. I am so proud of you it seriously is great. Way to go!!

Stephanie said...

It's fun to hear what you guys are up to! I'm glad you're happy to be back in NC. I am WAY impressed with the quilt you made! I'm sure Sam loves it. Cory wants a quilt made up of old denim jeans and I've never been able to bring myself to make it... you're making me look bad!